Alaska 2009


June 28th to July 5th, 2009

Each summer my family joins together to vacation in Alaska. We are so blessed to be able to share this time and beautiful place together. I've made a vow that one day I will live in Alaska because I can't imagine being anywhere else really. We always do some pretty cool things.


This summer, we went on some of our usual hikes like Mt. Marathon (which I race up on the 4th of July and everyone should witness such an event some time in their life), Tonsina Point, Exit Glacier, and we even were able to get out to Caines Head to see the old Fort McGilvray from world war 2.


We also went on a road trip to the city of Soldotna since we never really drive much anymore. Johnna grabbed the Milepost and started flipping through the cities we could drive to in a couple hours (they are definitely limited) and came up with Soldotna. I felt like we were in New York City with the McDonald's, Taco Bell, and intense shopping area. You can tell we are sheltered in our little 2600 person town. Funny thing is, Soldotna doesn't have too many more either.
We also took a little kayak trip out to Caines Head where we saw the old war bunkers and forts. With the exception of the rough water we hit, we had fun seeing more sea otters then I have in my life.



It is always a great time in Alaska, I can't stand leaving, and I encourage everyone to get out there someday (especially to come visit me when I eventually live out there!). Though they always say: when you are traveling around, better make Alaska the last place you go because you will never want to go anywhere else. :)

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to visit you in Alaska someday :D

    ReplyDelete