Peterson Bay Field Station






I was offered the opportunity to take a field trip to Peterson Bay Field Station which is located across Kachemak Bay from Homer. We went with McNeil Canyon Elementary School's 6th grade class to do some nature hikes, tide pools, campfires, yummy meals, and marine life discussions. Not only were the tide pooling explorations incredible, but I saw more blueberries then I ever have in my life. I got up early both mornings just to go out and pick them before the kids got up. I think the best part was seeing all the varieties of sea stars. It was definitely an awesome experience and I hope I can get back there on my own time for some more exploration, berry picking, and hiking. Oh, by the way, there was tons and tons and tons of bear poop and one of the pictures was one of the biggest piles I have ever seen in my life!



No comments:

Post a Comment