Penn State vs. Akron U

So I'm definitely behind on this blogging thing. Here's some of the things I've been doing the past few months...


September 5, 2009

So my dad told me that the Penn State vs. Akron game would have pretty cheap tickets; therefore, the night before, I decided we were going to make the drive out to Happy Valley to fulfill one of my dreams of seeing a Penn State game live. We took along my buddy Allison, a current Akron zip, and embarked on the 4 hour drive to the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania. The weather was beautiful, though freakishly hot sitting in the largest college stadium in the nation.



It was awesome seeing Joe Pa on the field and then driving by his house after the game. I really wanted to get some 'peachy paterno' ice cream afterwards, but the line to the custard place was over an hour long. Lame! Regardless, Penn State trampled Akron as hoped and it was a beautiful day for football.


We of course had to get a picture at the most photographed location on campus - the Nittany Lion statue! Go LIONS!

No comments:

Post a Comment